The modify lesson command executes when you click on the edit menu and then select lesson from the modify
You may use this command to modify the header information for a lesson in a file. When the modify command
executes, a panel will display lesson header information. Modify the information as you see fit and then click
on the 'OK' button. You can cancel the command by clicking on 'Cancel'. Lesson type and lesson title are
required fields. We describe of the parts of this header information below.
- Lesson Type: The modify lesson command displays the lesson type. You cannot alter this field; it
controls how the lesson is to be set up and later executed.
- Lesson Title: The lesson title is a short name for this lesson. This title displays at the top of
the lesson set up panel.
- Lesson Name: The lesson name is the link used to tie lessons in a file together. For example,
clicking on the 'link' icon in picture and sound lessons, will cause the lesson with the matching name to
display. This operation is similar to how hyperlinks work on the web. It is important to note that the
link works between lessons in the same file. At present, there is no way to link a lesson from one file
to a lesson in another.
- Description: You may enter descriptive information pertaining to the lesson in this field.
- Layer Names: All ACORNS lesson types support up to ten layers. These allow you to customize
your lesson and apply different dialects to different layers. Another use might be to categorize the
information in a lesson into layers. Users have found other imaginative ways to use this feature. The
insert lesson command enables you to assign unigue names to the layers. These names will display when
The lesson header information displays on the left side of the main ACORN frame during lesson setup.
This display also allows entry of text information which facilities user modifications.
Refer to lesson list display for more information regarding to the
panel that displays lesson header information.